Service Request – Pest Control
Tenants may submit a service request online. Work orders will be completed on a priority basis. Emergency work orders will be handled immediately. Other repairs (i.e. broken window screens, water leaks, termite droppings, wall cracks, etc.) will be addressed as quickly as possible.
Pets in University-Owned Homes
Dogs, cats, and other non-caged animals are strongly discouraged from being kept inside the house. However, if the tenant decides to have pets, they are responsible for all damages, repairs, and/or replacement costs to the home and/or property caused by their pets.
Common Pests on Campus:
Tips to Keep Your Apartment Pest-Free:
- Wipe spills immediately with soap and water.
- Take out garbage daily and keep garbage cans clean of food residue.
- Keep ripe fruit in the fridge.
- Wash dishes daily, or at least submerge them in soapy water until you can get to them.
- Make sure all food and beverage containers outside the fridge or freezer are tightly sealed. Glass jars with rubber seals or plastic containers with tight snap-on lids are better than screw-top jars.
- Sweep and vacuum regularly, especially if you have cats or dogs which can pick up fleas.
- Keep bathroom and kitchen areas as dry as possible. Report leaky faucets and do not let standing water accumulate.
- If you have a pet, comb it regularly with a flea comb and wash its bedding frequently. Vacuum floors, rugs and upholstery your pets come in contact regularly.
- Avoid leaving wet mops and rags lying around.
- Seal food tightly. Make sure insects can not get into packages of cereal, sugar, cookies, etc. Keep bread, crackers and other items in sealed containers when possible.
- Inspect your pantry and spice cabinet regularly for meal moths and flour beetles. They can enter the house in boxed grain products from the store.
- Keep kitchen trash in a sealed container and store it in an area that is easy to clean.
- Regularly discard old newspapers and other items (shredded paper, aluminum cans, plastic bottles, and cardboard) and place them in their respected recycling containers.
The recycling center accepts the following materials:
- Shredded white paper
- HI-5 plastic bottles and cans
Please DO NOT place garbage (food waste, diapers, clothing, styrofoam) in the recycling containers.
Recycling containers are located throughout campus as well as TVA.